Generally speaking, a mug is a type of cup that is sturdier and comes without a saucer while cup and saucer are visualized as a pair. A mug can be with or without a handle on its side though mugs with two handles are also available in the market. A mug is usually bigger in size than a cup and mostly has a cylindrical shape.
Cup is a generic term to indicate objects designed to hold fluids and used for drinking. It is the most common of drink ware found in all parts of the world. It is mostly made of ceramic though it is also available in metallic and even in glass. Cup is defined as a vessel that is opaque and used for drinking purposes. Though there may be cups of many different shapes and sizes in the markets, the image that strikes one when he hears the word cup is that of a short, cylindrical vessel with a handle on one side. In fact, the shape is conical with the base being smaller than the mouth of the cup.
• Both mug and cup are types of drinkware used for consuming beverages though mug is bigger and thicker than a cup.
• All over the world, it is tea that is drunk from cups while mugs are usually reserved for coffee and chocolate.
• Both are made of ceramic materials though they are also available in metallic and glass versions too.
• There are mugs without handles also while cups always have a handle on its side.
• There are beer mugs available in the market though coffee remains as the most common beverage that is consumed in mugs.
• Cups often come along with saucer and cup and saucer is a phrase that reminds us of this pairing.
• Companies use mugs as one of their promotional tools.
- Silicone Kitchenware
- Silicone Kitchenware Features
- Classification Of Silicone Kitchenware
- Household Kitchenware Category
- The Choice Of Kitchen Supplies
- Carbon Steel Kitchenware
- How To Choose A Baking Tray
- Kitchenware Hangover
- Silicone Mold
- Correct Maintenance Of Silicone Molds
- The Classic Style Bundtform Baking Pan
- How To Clean A Grill Pan
- How To Cook With A Pizza Pan With Holes
- Difference Between A Cupcake Pan And A Muffin Pan
- How To Get The Smell Out Of Bottles
- Why Can't Cooking Sprays Be Used On Non Stick P...
- How To Prevent Cupcake Liners From Sticking
- Pizza Pan With Holes Vs No Holes
- What Kind Of Mold Is Used For The Chiffon Cake?
- Carbon Steel And Aluminum Alloy Which Is Suitab...