Why do some non-stick pans costs so much more than others?
There are all sorts of reasons, some of them obvious: a lightweight pan made of thin pressed aluminum costs much less to make than a heavy cast one. But there are important differences in the quality of the non-stick coating as well. A cheap pan will probably have a single-layer coating only 7- 8 microns thick, which will wear away quickly; in fact, some cheap pans are better described as 'easy clean' rather than 'non-stick '. At the upper price bracket, however; you can expect sophisticated three layer coatings with a total thickness of 40 microns or more, as featured on all WR Bakeware
Related Industry Knowledge
- The Choice Of Kitchen Supplies
- How To Choose A Baking Tray
- The Choice Of Kitchenware
- Silicone Kitchenware
- Classification Of Silicone Kitchenware
- Kitchenware Hangover
- Correct Maintenance Of Silicone Molds
- Silicone Kitchenware Features
- Carbon Steel Kitchenware
- Silicone Mold
- How is the coating applied to the pan?
- If PTFE Is non-stick, how does it stick to the ...
- How to choose a cookie baking tray?